Today has an aggressive feeling of Monday. The first holiday of the new year throws me off. I already feel behind the ball. To sort the scatter of my mind, some random thoughts…
- The music of Glenn Fry will forever be a key component to the soundtrack of my childhood. There’s lots of other music that will instantly take me back to being a kid, but The Eagles were just quintessential.
- I am loving the new way Alix (my hairstylist in San Francisco whom I have known for twenty years) is coloring my hair. It is a balayage/color melt. Not quite an ombre, but it definitely has a lighter part towards the ends with more of my natural (eek!) color at the roots.
- Speaking of hair, it was raining so hard with wind taking the waterworks sideways, I didn’t bother blowing dry my hair this morning. Usually I have a steadfast “no wet hair in public” rule, but today I was that girl.
- My office in Sonoma is by far the cutest in the building. It has a darling accent chair and throw blanket, plus the obligatory orchid and some aroma sticks. I have framed pictures of my family on the windowsill. Too bad I don’t have more visitors to share my little space with.
- I bought a pair of short moto-styled boots at Target and I love them. They have rubber soles. They were cheap. Perfect for this El Nino weather.
- Thank GOD we didn’t get stuck in the traffic on the Bay Bridge yesterday. Two hours stopped on the span. Pass the Xanax please!
- I am gathering large format bottles of wine for our upcoming school auction and I am so grateful for my friends that have donated. Just makes me warm and fuzzy.
- Time really flies by these days. I already have the year at a glance calendar out, marking the highlights down (like Lake Tahoe, in the picture above). Yes, partially because of what I do for a living, the big picture actually makes me calm. Trusting the flow and preparing for what I can makes me tick. When I do get anxious, all I have to do is break out the calendar and go day by day.
With all that being said, you’d think that I could just accept Tuesday as Tuesday, and quit beating myself up for not spending yesterday preparing for today. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. Wednesday. Which basically means the weekend is here!